Settling In.


Happy New Year! Oh wait… we’re already about to go into the second week of February... 
Hello, and welcome back! It has been quite an interesting year for us so far, and it’s so crazy to think that the last time I wrote here, a lot of it was just “what-ifs”. Since my last blog we have bought a house, been sick more times than I have the energy to keep up with counting, painted our new house/did some small remodeling jobs, and moved in. I am also 33 weeks pregnant now and time has been just blazing on by, even though at times it feels like I am in stand still traffic. (I’m sure other mamas can relate) We also didn’t have wifi for the whole month of January. Though that was quite frustrating, it was kind of nice to not have the distraction, even if there were times we badly wanted a distraction. We have now officially lived at our house for a month and we really love it. Pretty much every day we say “I can’t believe this is *our* house”. We also really like our new location that has put us much closer to everything in our day to day lives. But, not all has been sunshine and rainbows. Again, we have been sick I don’t know how many times. It seems like sickness this year is just bad for everyone honestly. Also, all of these home projects we want to get done have been bringing out major bad sides of my OCD. I would not even normally say I am OCD, just a person that likes things neatly in their place. Labeling yourself with an acronym that ends in “disorder” seems pretty extreme and I know a lot of people use that term casually and I am even guilty of it.  But dude, after this move I think I am OCD haha. Even though there is so much excitement and thankfulness, I have to be real and share that there is a lot of stress and anxiety too. Right when we say we can’t believe this house is ours, we also breathe a deep sigh and say “Oh well” as we glance over a pile of whatever and traipse off to bed. It has definitely been challenging to move and get settled in while having a toddler and being so big that putting on your own shoes can be counted as an accomplishment for the day. So that is basically it in a nutshell; the good and the bad. We are tired and stressed, thankful and blessed, and just trying to be patient through the waiting, and hang on tight when we’re on the wave.

Thanks for reading.
(( Continue scrolling for a few cute pics <3 ))



I put him up here to look at the birds... Hopefully he won't figure out how to do this on his own anytime soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Insecurities

Surprised by Motherhood

2019 So Far...