Exciting Changes

Whoa, wait a minute. Has it really been over a year since I last posted to this blog? Wow. I knew it has been a long time, but I didn't realize it had been that long. Well, that's kind of embarrassing... Ok well, anyways...

Hello! Welcome back! Or... should you be welcoming me back? I can't believe it has been so long and I truly hate that, but the past is past and new things are happening around here that I cant help but have the hankering to write about! While it may be hard to believe because of my lack of evidence, I really do enjoy writing, like a lot. But my crazy life has just not seemed to allow me much time for that, and left me quite uninspired most days to be honest. I mean, a girl can only write so many posts about how God's grace covers us daily and how His mercies are new every morning am I right? While those are truths I cling to daily, there's really only so much you can say about that. Survivor has become my middle name in the days of newfound motherhood and boy, I tell you, I just get better at surviving every day... I think...My sweet little son keeps me on my toes for sure.

Just look at how cute he is though.

So as I was saying, new things are happening around here. Crazy things. Life lately feels like it is moving forward so quickly that sometimes I can barely keep up. It is simultaneously exciting and terrifying. I am sure many of you know by now that in late July we found out our next baby would be arriving in March 2018! And now we know (and have actually known for a little while) that this little babe will be another BOY! Wow. We can't fully express our excitement. Just for a little side story on that subject, I have had multiple people apologize to me or tell me "it will be okay". Which I have to be honest is kind of upsetting. What is wrong with having two boys? Nothing. I seriously could not stop crying tears of JOY that day we found out and am beyond excited, thankful and humbled that God would choose me to be the mother of two little boys.


Another possibility that is underway is that we may be buying our first house! There are still a few things we are waiting on to be sorted out before making the final decision, but we are very close, closer than we have ever been to taking this next step. I try to stay calm and level-headed about these types of things, but I am an idealist. I have already become completely attached to this house, have imagined what all of the rooms will look like after they are painted and decorated, and even imagined big firsts and memories that will happen there from something as simple as having our first Christmas there, to imagining the boys graduate high school and drive away as Kurtis and I stand on the porch and wave goodbye all teary-eyed. *swoon* I'm in love already, so hopefully it all works out.

This is Titus on the little side porch of what will hopefully soon be 'our' house. (We visit it fairly often)

I think that's just about everything. This is just somewhat of an unreal time in our life, thinking back to a year ago when we had just started looking at houses and Titus was only seven months old. I know then that we would not imagine this is the house we would get to buy and that we would have another boy on the way. Life is just a crazy thing. To really throw it back, I know little 18 year old me and Kurtis would have never dreamed this is what our future would have been like. It is just so amazing to see everything God has already brought us through and we are truly so humbled by what He has done and continues to do.


In my closing words... I've said it before, but I'm going to say it again with maybe a deeper intention. I really, really want to keep up with writing here. I can't make any promises because I know I'm very likely to break them, but with everything going on I want to be writing about it anyways so why not share it so you can come along for the ride?

I hope to be writing here again soon :)
Thank you dearly for reading.
- Courtney

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Insecurities

Surprised by Motherhood

2019 So Far...